Title: Nurse Practitioner
Department: Center for Health and Wellness
Employment Status: Full Time 12 month position with alternating hours during academic year and summer session
FLSA Status: Exempt
Organizational Relationship: Report to the Dean Center for Health, Counseling and Wellness
Job Purpose: Assess the physical and psychosocial status of clients by means of interview, health history, physical examination, and diagnostic tests. Interpret the data, develop and implement therapeutic plans, and follow through on a continuum of client care across the healthillness spectrum. Assist in planning and implementation of health and wellness programs for our campus community.
- Commitment to patient care and patient education
- Demonstrates excellent clinical decision making ability
- Outpatient evaluation and management of undergraduate, graduate, and international students of a diverse population
- Provide medical triage, diagnosis and treatment of acute episodic health problems with appropriate follow up care.
- Make appropriate referrals to community resources
- Provide GYN care, STI Screening and treatment
- Focus on Primary care, preventative care, identification of health risks and management of chronic medical and psychological conditions
- Participate in Health and Wellness education outreach program initiatives
- Collaborate with members of a multidisciplinary team, including Campus Life Team, Counseling, Residential Education, Public Safety staff
- Supervise Personnel in Center for Health and Wellness
- Maintain collaborative agreement with a Medical Doctor until 3600 hours of active employment are attained.
- Commit to quality improvement, peer review and ongoing educational opportunities
- Maintain EHR records
- Maintain and update student information in regard to immunizations and disabilities
- Prepare reports for New York State Disability, New York State Measles and Meningitis
- Maintains Collaborative Agreement with Medical Doctor until earns 3600 hours of clinical practice.
- Supervise and precept Nurse Practitioner Students
- Coordinate with centralized labs
- Coordinate with pharmacies
- Registered Nursing Staff
- Administrative Assistant
Nothing in this job description restricts Management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- ANP or FNP with minimum of 3 years nursing experience.
- • 1 Years' experience in Urgent Care preferred
- Must have MSN and hold current NY license for RN/NP
- Must be eligible for DEA/NYSDOII prescriptive authority
- National Certification
- New York State license, Registered Nurse
- New York State Registered Professional Advanced Practice Nurse License
Desired Work Traits:
- Confident, friendly, compassionate and calm.
- Possess a comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of adolescent medicine.
- Able to work independently
- Assume the role of each aspect of the office (patient care, record keeping, compliance management)
- Microsoft Office, Google mail, CARS, Power Point Presentations
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Attend American College Health Association Conference annually and/or NYS College Health Association and/or Nurse practitioner meetings or conferences, annual meeting
- Active member: Staten Island Chapter of Nurse Practitioners
- Flexible scheduling as needed for coverage
- Hours for this position:
o May 21 -August 20 Mon-Fri 8:30-4:30pm
o August 21 - May 20 Mon-Fri 10 am-6pm
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
To apply, please direct letters of interest and resumes to:
Kathleen Oberfeldt DNP, FNP
Dean Center for Health and Wellness
One Campus Road
Staten Island, NY 10301
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Nurse Practitioner"
Wagner College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls please. The review of applications will begin immediately.