Title: Per-Diem Registered Nurse
Department: Health and Wellness Department
Employment Status: Per-Diem (as needed)
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIP: Reports to Assistant Dean Center for Health and Wellness & Associate Director Center for Health & Wellness
JOB PURPOSE: Assist the Assistant Dean and Associate Director in the efficient running of the center by providing clinical, educational and administrative duties.
- Triage, physical and emotional assessment of our diverse student body
- Provide first aid as necessary
- Educate client regarding self care, confer with parent, NP, PCP as needed
- Refer to Emergent Care Facility as necessary
- EMR records
- Follow –up care for all students seen in clinic within 24 hours
- Confer with Nurse Practitioner as needed
- Administer immunizations according to protocol
- Responsible for collection of lab specimens, review of results, documentation and follow up of student
- Notify Director of abnormal results
- Provide client education to improve health and promote wellness
- Update of medical records/ insurance updates to CARS
- Receive report from day staff
- Restock exam rooms
- Replace sign in sheet
- Note charts for next day appointments
- EMR daily statistics
- Check fax machine daily
- Student worker
Nothing in this job description restricts Management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- 2 Years of Nursing Experience
- AAS BSN preferred New York State Registered Professional License
- New York State Registered Professional Nurse
Desired Work Traits:
- Self motivated, works independently, excellent assessment skills
- Google mail, Google calendar, CARS, Microsoft Office
- Strong oral and written, team player
- Provide coverage for N.P.’s vacation and sick leave during the Academic year and during the summer months.
- Provide coverage in the Center for Health & Wellness on emergency basis.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
To apply, please direct letters of interest and resumes to:
Kathleen Oberfeldt DNP, FNP , Assistant Dean Center for Health and Wellness
One Campus Road
Staten Island, NY 10301
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Financial Analyst"
No phone calls please. The review of applications will begin immediately.