POSITION: Research & Simulation Learning Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: PA Program
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-Time (32 hours/week at Program and 8 hours/week for Clinical Practice/Research)
FLSA Status: Exempt
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIP: Reports to PA Program Director
JOB PURPOSE: Coordinate the Research & Simulation Learning Components of the Didactic, Clinical, and Graduate Phase of the PA Program.
- Responsible for the coordination and supervision of student research and Simulation Learning Components.
- Prepares the syllabi and learning objective for all research and SIM courses.
- Provides analysis of course for appropriateness of structure, sequence, and content.
- Schedules classes, research meetings, and SIM sessions in a sequenced, building block approach.
- Responsible for workload equivalent of three courses per semester.
- Prepares and/or reviews student performance.
- Monitors student progress, meets with students and assures appropriate interventions, when required.
- Analyzes the research and the simulation & learning curriculum outcomes for review at committee meetings and by the Program Director.
- Provides analysis of student evaluations of both research work.
- Participates in clinical site visits, as assigned.
- Actively participates in the remediation process of students, when required.
- Serves as an advisor for a research group.
- Attends and participates in PA committee meetings, program actives, and campus events.
- Serves as chair of a Committee, developing agenda, and preparing minutes, and outcome reports.
- Contributes to ongoing self-study process and formal reports to ARC-PA.
- Participates as a faculty leader in experiential service learning events (Ex: Medical Education/Mission Trips)
- Attends professional conferences representing the PA Program and the College.
Nothing in this job description restricts Management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Work Experience: Minimum 5 years clinical experience
Education: Graduate of an ARC-PA accredited PA Program; Masters degree (MS, MPA, MPH)
Certification: Current NCCPA Certification
Licensure: Current New York State Licensed
Special Considerations: 1 day a week dedicated to Clinical Practice or Research. Available weekends for campus events (EX: Campus Visit Days) Available evenings for program events (EX: Research Forums)
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
To apply, please direct letters of interest and resumes to:
Joy Stapleton, Executive Assistant to the Provost
One Campus Road
Staten Island, NY 10301
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Research & Simulation Learning Coordinator"
No phone calls please. The review of applications will begin immediately.
Wagner College is an Equal Opportunity Employer