Title: Security Systems Administrator
Department: Information Technology
Employment Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Organizational Relationship: Reporting to Director, Infrastructure & Systems
Job Purpose: Provides support for security applications, security services, and monitoring solutions for all network and systems infrastructure. This position is responsible for all aspects of information security and protects the physical and virtual data resources.
- Perform vulnerability and penetration tests, identify, and develop resolution plans for risks.
- Work with internal team to develop security protocols and solutions to improve college’s security posture.
- Monitor IT infrastructure for security related events. Analyze and resolve any issues in coordination with the Infrastructure and Systems team.
- Apply OS and security patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Coordinate with the Infrastructure and Systems team to ensure daily backups are monitored and successful.
- Ensure firewalls, network equipment and systems are monitored and updated routinely.
- Develop and maintain SIEM solution for monitoring security logs and incidents.
- Utilize auditing and reporting mechanisms to ensure all incidents and events are documented.
- Evaluate, monitor, and report to leadership the network and systems security issues and vulnerabilities.
- Monitor industry security trends and provide security improvement recommendations to the Director of Infrastructure & Systems.
- Provide high-quality support to team members, college staff and students.
Nothing in this job description restricts Management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Work Experience: 2-4 yrs. system administration experience, security focused preferred
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications: Security & Systems related certifications preferred
Desired Work Traits: Extreme attention to detail and documentation
Computer Skills: Windows Server, scripting. Knowledgeable in the following, but not limited to, Endpoint and Network detection and response (EDR and NDR), SIEM solutions, Application whitelisting, NGFW and NIST Cybersecurity frameworks
Communication/Interpersonal Skills: Excellent verbal & written communication skills required
To Apply, please direct cover letters and resumes to: Joe Spina, CIO at email@example.com with the subject line “Security Systems Administrator”
No phone calls please.
The review of applications will begin immediately.
In compliance with NYC’s Pay Transparency Act, the annual base salary range for this position is $60,000 - $65,000. Wagner College considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and organizational considerations when extending an offer.
Wagner College achieves this mission through the implementation and enhancement of The Wagner Plan for the Practical Liberal Arts, which was formally launched in 1998. This innovative and bold curricular methodology is predicated on a method of integrated learning. It builds upon Wagner’s history of combining liberal arts and focused professional programs, coupled with our unique location and requires experiential learning for all students. The Plan has thus ushered in a new vision of engaged student learning that is at once reflective and integrated, theoretical and practical. Our goal has been, and continues to be, to provide a transformative college experience which best prepares our students for positions of effective and responsible leadership and citizenship in their chosen professions, and in their personal and public lives. From the outset, our faculty have eagerly led this learning centered endeavor.
Preparing all students for such leadership requires a coherent, efficient, effective and universal educational program and a focused Faculty and Administration, supported by an equally committed Board of Trustees.
Wagner College prepares students for life, as well as for careers, by emphasizing scholarship, achievement, leadership, and citizenship. Wagner offers a comprehensive educational program that is anchored in the liberal arts, experiential and co-curricular learning, interculturalism, interdisciplinary studies, and service to society, and that is cultivated by a faculty dedicated to promoting individual expression, reflective practice, and integrative learning.
Wagner College offers a generous benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, pension and paid time off benefits to all full-time employees. The Wagner College Office of Human Resources partners with all members of the College community to cultivate a work environment that values equal opportunity, diversity equity inclusion and access, professional development and individual excellence.
Wagner College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wagner College complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.