Title: Senior Accountant
Department: Finance and Business
Employment Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Organizational Relationship: Reports to the Controller
Job Purpose: The Finance and Business Office is responsible for the overall integrity of the College’s fiscal activities. It provides timely and accurate financial information to key stakeholders, while protecting College assets, both real and intangible, and ensuring College compliance with federal, state, and local tax laws from a financial and fiduciary vantage point.
The Senior Accountant will report directly to the Controller, and will be independently responsible for the management, execution, and support of several complex strategic and operational financial activities.
- Monitor, review, and analyze financial results, trends, funding, expenses, and reserves, as well as monitor performance against prior years and strategic plans, as applicable.
- Review investment statements and prepare monthly endowment report/endowment analysis.
- Prepare quarterly investment journal entries (investment income, realized and unrealized gains/losses, etc.).
- Make quarterly endowment journal entries to the general ledger, and update the funded gift schedule and schedule of gifts received for the year.
- Prepare necessary journal entries to fund gifts to our investment portfolio.
- Update daily investment report showing current investment balances.
- Prepare annual unitization report and endowment income and spending journal entries.
- Prepare a breakout of all endowment spending to each individual donor account.
- Handle the accounting for contributions, by working in conjunction with the Institutional Advancement Office.
- Prepare all contribution journal entries, and ensure proper backup is maintained in our office for all gifts over $2,500.
- Reconcile pledges receivable and contribution revenue on a monthly basis.
- Gather information for annual NACUBO report.
- Work with faculty and the Advancement Office on providing the necessary information for filing, obtaining, and maintaining grants.
- Assist in compiling financial information and documentation needed by the College for external reporting.
- Oversee annual capital project budgets.
- Perform other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Serve on improvement committees to best serve the College’s needs.
- Assist with work assignments and special projects within the department as requested.
- Interact daily, in-person, via telephone and through e-mail with administration, students, and outside agencies providing assistance and information regarding financial and general inquiry.
Salary: Commensurate with qualification and experience
To apply, please direct letters of interest and resumes to:
email@example.com with the subject line “Senior Accountant"
Office of Business and Finance
One Campus Road
Staten Island, NY 10301
No phone calls please.
The review of applications will begin immediately.
Wagner College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wagner College complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.