Title: Systems Administrator
Department: Information Technology
Employment Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: EXEMPT
Organizational Relationship: Reporting to Interim Director of Infrastructure and Systems
Job Purpose: Provide support and maintenance for College servers and systems. Assist Help Desk in resolving system-related issues.
- Upgrade and configure system software in support of the academic and business model of the college
- Apply OS and security patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports the academic and business model of the college
- Help maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Create and maintain scripts in multiple scripting languages to help administer essential servers/services
- Adhere to project management protocol
- Liaison with security and application development group to meet server side and computer security requirements
- Liaison with Help Desk to troubleshoot system issues and outages
- Supporting other enterprise applications as required
Supervisory Responsibilities: as assigned
Nothing in this job description restricts Management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Work Experience: 2-4 yrs system administration experience
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
Computer Skills: PC and MAC (server and workstation), shell scripting, SCCM, JAMF preferred
To apply, please direct letters of interest and resumes to:
Frank Cafasso, Chief Information Officer
One Campus Road
Staten Island, NY 10301
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Systems Administrator"
No phone calls please. The review of applications will begin immediately.