TITLE: Administrative Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Residential Education
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-time
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIP: Reports to Director of Residential Education
JOB PURPOSE: Provides direct support to the daily operations of the Office of Residential Education, including front office management, direct assistance to Director, and student inquiry support.
- Provide direct support and oversees administrative functions to the office
- Provide administrative support to the Director
- Track expenses and assist with budget management for Residential Education.
- Maintain sensitive and confidential documents with accuracy and professionalism.
- Supervise requisitions, allocations, and expenditures of student staff and professional staff; manage requisition process for the Director and departmental purchases.
- Provide support and training to the Graduate Residential Coordinators regarding student desk attendant payroll.
- Recruit, train, evaluate, and supervise student office assistants (OA) and provide indirect supervision to the student desk attendant (DA)
- Receive and respond to inquiries by phone, email, and mail; make referrals as appropriate to other departments or people at Wagner College
- Maintain front office area, greet office visitors, and address and resolve issues brought to the attention of the department from the following constituents: students, parents, campus partners, guests, and external contractors.
- Communicate with internal Wagner College offices and external vendors regarding office administration, supply ordering, office maintenance, etc.
- Manage communication processes with external partners & manage departmental rolodex
- Provide support to housing operations functions as needed, including room assignments switches, meal plans, and billing.
- Assist in turnover of keys with members of facilities & ResEd staff
- Manage inventory process for office, including office supplies (including central office & 9 satellite building offices) and student staff programming supplies
- Provide follow up on maintenance and housekeeping issues within the residence halls.
- Assist with the organization and implementation of departmental and divisional events, including RA Training, Move-In Day, Week of Welcome, Family Weekend, Student Staff Selection, Housing Selection, Commencement, Closing, and Alumni Weekend.
- Other duties, committees and projects as assigned.
Work Experience: Prior office support and customer service experience.
Education: High School Diploma, GED or comparable education required, college preferred.
Desired Work Traits:
- Pleasant, service-oriented, and friendly demeanor
- Prompt with task completion
- Maintain confidentiality with student records and incidents
- Ability to use independent judgment
- Ability to stay focused despite frequent interruptions
- Adaptability to new initiatives, projects and working with students
- Desire to work with graduate assistant staff that rotates every year.
Computer Skills: Excellent computing skills: Microsoft Office, CARS database, e-mail/internet, Google docs
Communication/Interpersonal Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
To apply, please direct letters of interest and resumes to:
Thomas Tressler-Gelok, Director of Residential Education
One Campus Road
Staten Island, NY 10301
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Administrative Assistant"
No phone calls please. The review of applications will begin immediately.