Position: Alumni Coordinator
Department: Office of Institutional Advancement
Employment Status: Full Time
FLSA: Non-Exempt, Staff
Reports To: Director of Alumni Relations
The Alumni Coordinator will provide support for the Director of Alumni Relations in the Office of Alumni Relations in the areas of alumni engagement and stewardship. In collaboration with the Director, the Alumni Coordinator plans and executes programming and services for the College's alumni, as well as supervises the day to day operations of the Alumni Relations Office. Areas of focus will include alumni information management on the Raiser’s Edge and NetCommunity database, event planning, alumni engagement, volunteer management, and communications.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, able to balance multiple assignments and tasks, demonstrate qualities of initiative, organization, and teamwork, be an effective communicator, self-motivated, results-driven, flexible, and able to work well both independently and in a team setting.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Alumni Relations Office, supervises student workers and the graduate assistant, budgets, and alumni correspondence.
- Point person for the Alumni Relations Office on Blackbaud NetCommunity and Raiser’s Edge NXT for event planning, tracking, and alumni outreach. Creates registration event records and pages alongside the Coordinator or Assistant Director.
- Assists the Director in coordinating communications with the Alumni Association Board of Directors, attends board meetings, and committee meetings. Present reports on social media and email analytics data at each Board meeting.
- Coordinates the logistics for Wagner Weekend (formerly Homecoming & Family Weekend and Reunion Weekend) including registrations, marketing and promotional material through email and social media, coordinating on campus services, working with food vendors, confirming student workers schedule and data collection of the event. Assists with the coordination of the Anniversary Class outreach for Wagner Weekend.
- Leads alumni association social media and email marketing strategy for the office and oversees the content calendar. Posts content on all social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn) that includes alumni news, spotlights, event promotions and major College news. Track and report data analytics, engagement and insights to the Director.
- Works with colleagues to identify individuals for alumni profiles for both print and digital communications.
- Oversees the development and release of the monthly Wagner Alumni e-newsletter and all other e-communication to alumni. Create production schedules for alumni communications; track progress and analyze/report on results.
- Maintains website updates and ensures all information is up to date on our various sites.
- Handles mailing invitation to the Golden Seahawks for Commencement.
- Serves as on-site support during events. Organizes, plans, and executes various alumni events, with focus on reserving venues, creating marketing content, coordinating vendors and catering logistics, managing reservations, registration lists, and post-event reconciliation on Raiser’s Edge and Net Community (survey) and attendee follow up.
- Assists with the coordination of alumni engagement through affinity group programming.
Nothing in this job description restricts Management's right to assign or reassign duties and Responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Two-three years of work experience in a professional office setting, preferably in a higher education office. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and Blackbaud Net Community preferred.
- Experience in events planning, volunteer management, and alumni relations, development, annual giving or student affairs experience required.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Google/email programs, social media platforms, Adobe Photoshop, and WordPress.
- Possess excellent oral communications, writing, proofreading and editing skills.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and creative.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as necessary. Travel may be required in the tri-state area for events.
- Ability to work under a variety of conditions throughout the year during alumni events, indoors and outdoors, and transport supplies to remote campus locations.
Salary: Commensurate with qualification and experience
To apply, please direct letters of interest and resumes to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Alumni Coordinator"
Nicolina Astorina, Director of Alumni Relations
Office of Institutional Advancement
One Campus Road
Staten Island, NY 10301
No phone calls please.
The review of applications will begin immediately.
Wagner College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wagner College complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.