Position: Alumni Coordinator
Department: Office of Institutional Advancement
Employment Status: Full Time
Reports To: Director of Alumni Relations
The Alumni Coordinator will provide support for the Director of Alumni Relations in the areas of alumni engagement and stewardship. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, able to balance multiple assignments and tasks, demonstrate qualities of initiative, organization, and teamwork, be an effective communicator, self-motivated, results-driven, flexible, and able to work well both independently and in a team setting.
In collaboration with the Director, the Alumni Coordinator plans and executes programming and services for the College's alumni, as well as, supervises the day to day operations of the Alumni Relations Office. Areas of focus will include alumni information management on the RaisersEdge and NetCommunity database, event planning, alumni engagement, volunteer management, communications, and student/young alumni programming.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Alumni Relations Office, supervises student workers and the graduate assistant, co-ordinates reception, budgets, and alumni correspondence.
- Assists with the coordination Anniversary Class outreach for Reunion Weekend and Commencement.
- Assists with the coordination of alumni engagement through affinity group programming, especially during anchor events such as Reunion Weekend and Homecoming.
- Serves as on-site support during events, as well as working with the Director and Alumni Officer to arrange catering and logistics, managing registration lists and following up with attendees.
- Point person for the Alumni Relations Office on Blackbaud NetCommunity and RaisersEdge for event planning, tracking, and alumni outreach.
- Assists the Director in coordinating communications with the Alumni Association Board of Directors.
- Oversees the development and release of the monthly Wagner Alumni e-newsletter and all other e-communication to alumni.
- Coordinates website updates and maintenance.
- Assists with alumni association social media outreach.
- Organizes, plans, and executes various alumni events, with focus on reserving venues, creating marketing collateral, coordinating vendors, managing reservations, staffing plans, and post-event reconciliation on Raisers Edge and Net Community (survey).
Nothing in this job description restricts Management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- At least one year of work experience in an office setting.
- Experience in events planning, volunteer management, alumni relations, development, annual giving or student affairs experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and Blackbaud Net Community preferred.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as necessary.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work under a variety of conditions throughout the year during alumni events, indoors and outdoors, and carry supplies to remote campus locations.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
To apply, please direct letters of interest and resumes to:
Karen Moran, Director of Alumni Relations
One Campus Road
Staten Island, NY 10301
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Alumni Coordinator"
No phone calls please. The review of applications will begin immediately.