Position: Assistant Director of Alumni Relations
Department: Office of Institutional Advancement
Employment Status: Full Time
Reports To: Director of Alumni Relations
Position Summary : The Assistant Director works with the Director of Alumni Relations on the creation and implementation of a strategic alumni relations program that increases awareness of and involvement in the College by the over 25,000 Wagner College alumni. This includes alumni volunteer recruitment and management, marketing events to achieve maximum participation, coordinating and executing regional and affinity events, and overseeing the alumni social media plans.
- Coordinates the logistics for Reunion Weekend including room reservations, coordinating on campus services, working with vendors, registration, on campus housing, student workers and data collection.
- Plans and implements multi-faceted programs for alumni, students, faculty, and friends that increase good will and positive relationships with the College.
- Manages volunteer committee and programming for G.O.L.D. (Graduates of the Last Decade) alumni.
- Manages Women’s Professional Network program including alumni volunteer committees, coordinating and executing lunch and learn events as well as alumnae events. Actively coordinates with Career Services to ensure student engagement in the program.
- Coordinates and executes annual Career Conversations event. Recruits alumni volunteers. Actively coordinates with Career Services to ensure student engagement in the program.
- Assist with the plan and logistics for Homecoming to achieve maximum alumni and campus engagement.
- Organizes and executes regional networking events, and provides follow-up reporting.
- Coordinates the alumni association social media outreach.
- Assists with the creation of a plan for cultivating high reunion attendance and giving, and serves as an ambassador to two reunion classes.
- Assists with the development and release of the monthly Wagner Alumni e-newsletter.
- Creates event pages in NetCommunity.
- Ability to articulate Wagner College mission, vision and goals to alumni and friends of the College.
Nothing in this job description restricts Management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- At least 3 three years of work experience in an office setting, preferably in a higher education advancement office.
- Experience in events planning, volunteer management, and alumni relations, development, annual giving or student affairs experience required.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and Blackbaud Net Community preferred.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as necessary.
- Ability to travel domestically as necessary.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work under a variety of conditions throughout the year during alumni events, indoors and outdoors, and carry supplies to remote campus locations.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
To apply, please direct letters of interest and resumes to:
Nicolina Astorina, Director of Alumni Relations
One Campus Road
Staten Island, NY 10301
email@example.com with the subject line "Assistant Director of Alumni Relations"
No phone calls please. The review of applications will begin immediately.