Title: Desktop Support Technician
Department: Information Technology Help Desk
Employment Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Organizational Relationship: Reports to Director of User Services
JOB PURPOSE: To assist and support the Wagner community with campus technology resources and facilitate instructional settings in support of pedagogy. Troubleshoot and resolve problems involving all computing resources such as hardware (Macs & PCs, multi-function printers, telephony and networking equipment) and software applications (MS Office, Adobe Suite, etc). Deploy computers by implementing hardware-appropriate, standardized images. Dispatch, manage, and fulfill helpdesk service tickets.
- Deployment of computing resources throughout the campus
- Customer service/front desk/office management
- Respond to help desk requests via phone, email, ticketing system, and walk-in
- Troubleshoot and maintain functionality and working condition of all computing resources including computers, printers, media, campus telephony, cell phones & networking equipment
- Troubleshoot classroom media technology issues that may arise
- Document standard operating procedures and provide/deliver training materials.
- Follow policies and procedures established by the IT department
- Supervise and delegate tasks to student employees
- Manage and maintain department records/database/inventory
- Produce reports on equipment usage, and life cycle
- Assist in the technology needs during college events such as Commencement, Guest Speakers, Board of Trustee Meetings, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of User Services.
Nothing in this job description restricts Management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Work Experience: Customer support & service experience in a technical support related area. Computer (Mac and PC) hardware and software troubleshooting knowledge. Ability to follow established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Education: Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
Certifications: A+, Network+, ACMT preferred but not required.
Licenses: Valid driver’s license.
Desired Work Traits: Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously, to work independently, maintain effective working relationships with all college constituents, to lift up to 60 pounds.
Computer Skills: Familiarity with TeamDynamix (TDX), ServiceNow, or other Help Desk ticketing systems. Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Apple OS X, Apple iOS, Android OS, Linux, Office Suite, and Adobe Suite. Antivirus and anti-malware software such as McAfee & Malware-Bytes. Implementation of security/anti-theft apps and/or solutions, such as Computrace.
Communication/Interpersonal Skills: Possess good interpersonal, customer service & problem solving skills. Knowledge of Help Desk & customer service methods and procedures.
Special Considerations: Work environment, hours that may be out of the ordinary (such as must be available on nights and weekends, frequent extended hours, often on short notice), travel... etc. Physical demands of being able to lift/move up somewhere between 25 to 60 pounds.
Salary: Commensurate with qualification and experience
To apply, please direct letters of interest and resumes to:
Anthony Spina, Director of User Services at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Desktop Support Technician"
Office of Information Technology
Attn: Anthony Spina, Director of User Services
One Campus Road
Staten Island, NY 10301
No phone calls please.
The review of applications will begin immediately.
Wagner College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wagner College complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.