Title: Registrar Assistant II
Employment Status: Part-time
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Organizational Relationship: Reports to the Registrar
JOB PURPOSE: Responsible for processing all functions of the Registrar’s office on a daily basis in an efficient, timely, and courteous manner. Support the office with registration/pre-registration; processing academic transcripts, both official and unofficial; performing enrollment/degree verifications; updating information in the CX Administrative Student System for current students; answering office telephone/responding to drop in; and other duties as assigned.
- Process enrollment verifications, and academic transcripts, both official and unofficial
- Helps manage the front office for receiving and processing forms that are submitted
- Provide assistance with student, faculty, and administrative office requests on an on-going basis
- Support the Registrar’s Office during registration, drop/add, pass/fail, withdraw, and grading processes
- Handle inquiries regarding policy and procedures from students and faculty, respond to inquiries in the Registrar’s Office email account, the main office telephone line, and in-person on an on-going basis
- Maintain office files, including student files
- Handle correspondence, such as letters and memos to faculty and students, as well as disseminate daily office mail
- Assist with data entry into computer system on a regular basis
- Prepare graduating students files for scanning
- Other duties as assigned
Nothing in this job description restricts Management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience working in higher education, preferably in a Registrar’s Office or student records environment
- Associate’s Degree preferred; High School diploma (or GED) required
Desired Work Traits:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to handle multiple deadlines in a fast paced work environment
- Attention to detail
- Must be proficient working with various computer applications, such as MS Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of Jenzabar/CX Student Administrative System preferred.
- Effective communication skills
- Able to interact productively with various constituencies
- Position may require working occasional evenings or weekends.
To Apply, please direct cover letters and resumes to: Athena Turner-Fredrick, Registrar, Office of the Registrar at email@example.com with the subject line “Registrar Assistant II”
No phone calls please.
The review of applications will begin immediately.
In compliance with NYC’s Pay Transparency Act, the annual base salary for this position is $15.00 per hour. Wagner College considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and organizational considerations when extending an offer.
Wagner College achieves this mission through the implementation and enhancement of The Wagner Plan for the Practical Liberal Arts, which was formally launched in 1998. This innovative and bold curricular methodology is predicated on a method of integrated learning. It builds upon Wagner’s history of combining liberal arts and focused professional programs, coupled with our unique location and requires experiential learning for all students. The Plan has thus ushered in a new vision of engaged student learning that is at once reflective and integrated, theoretical and practical. Our goal has been, and continues to be, to provide a transformative college experience which best prepares our students for positions of effective and responsible leadership and citizenship in their chosen professions, and in their personal and public lives. From the outset, our faculty have eagerly led this learning centered endeavor.
Preparing all students for such leadership requires a coherent, efficient, effective and universal educational program and a focused Faculty and Administration, supported by an equally committed Board of Trustees.
Wagner College prepares students for life, as well as for careers, by emphasizing scholarship, achievement, leadership, and citizenship. Wagner offers a comprehensive educational program that is anchored in the liberal arts, experiential and co-curricular learning, interculturalism, interdisciplinary studies, and service to society, and that is cultivated by a faculty dedicated to promoting individual expression, reflective practice, and integrative learning.
Wagner College offers a generous benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, pension and paid time off benefits to all full-time employees. The Wagner College Office of Human Resources partners with all members of the College community to cultivate a work environment that values equal opportunity, diversity equity inclusion and access, professional development and individual excellence.
Wagner College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wagner College complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.