POSITION: Registrar Assistant (II)
DEPARTMENT: Office of the Registrar
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Part-Time
REPORTS TO: Registrar
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Responsible for processing all functions of the Registrar’s office on a daily basis in an efficient, timely, and courteous manner. Support the office with registration/pre-registration; processing academic transcripts, both official and unofficial; performing enrollment/degree verifications; updating information in the CX Administrative Student System for current students; answering office telephone/responding to drop in; and other duties as assigned.
- Process enrollment verifications, and academic transcripts, both official and unofficial
- Helps manage the front office for receiving and processing forms that are submitted
- Provide assistance with student, faculty, and administrative office requests on an on-going basis
- Support the Registrar’s Office during registration, drop/add, pass/fail, withdraw, and grading processes
- Handle inquiries regarding policy and procedures from students and faculty, respond to inquiries in the Registrar’s Office email account, the main office telephone line, and in-person on an on-going basis
- Maintain office files, including student files
- Handle correspondence, such as letters and memos to faculty and students, as well as disseminate daily office mail
- Assist with data entry into computer system on a regular basis
- Prepare graduating students files for microfilming
- Other duties as assigned
Nothing in this job description restricts Management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience working in higher education, preferably in a Registrar’s Office or student records environment
- Associate’s Degree preferred; High School diploma (or GED) required
Desired Work Traits:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to handle multiple deadlines in a fast paced work environment
- Attention to detail
- Must be proficient working with various computer applications, such as MS Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of Jenzabar/CX Student Administrative System preferred.
- Effective communication skills
- Able to interact productively with various constituencies
- Position may require working occasional evenings or weekends.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
To apply, please direct letters of interest and resumes to:
Athena Turner-Fredrick, Registrar
One Campus Road
Staten Island, NY 10301
email@example.com with the subject line "Registrar Assistant"
No phone calls please. The review of applications will begin immediately.