Title: Shipping and Receiving Clerk - Per Diem
Department: Central services - Shipping and Receiving Area
Employment Status: Part time - Per Diem
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Organizational Relationship: Reports to the Assistant Director of Central Services
Job Purpose: Facilitate the deliveries of packages, mail, furniture and assembling/disassembling stages or set ups as per the various campus events throughout the year.
- Pick up mail at the Post Office in the morning and afternoon as well as drop off outgoing mail to the Post Office in the afternoon
- Track all incoming deliveries utilizing the in-house Pitney Bowes arrival system
- Deliver mail, UPS, USPS and Federal Express boxes to various locations throughout the campus
- Pickup and delivery of packages throughout campus.
- Receive all incoming deliveries at the Loading Dock, i.e., UPS, Federal Express, various delivery trucks, etc.
- Deliver cases of paper throughout campus
- Drive to various locations off campus, when requested, for pick-up and/or delivery of special items, i.e. Hall of Frames, Home Depot, President's House etc.
- Check emails throughout the day to review incoming Job requests
- Lifting and moving furniture
- Assembling/disassembling the campus stage as requested for special events
- Coordinate and set up tables and chairs as requested for special events
- Maintain an inventory of tables and chairs to ensure these items are in stock and available for special events.
- Assisting in the Postal Center and Copy Center as needed
- Possibly supervise student (work study/summer housing) workers
Nothing in this job description restricts Management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Prior Shipping and Receiving experience preferred
- High school diploma, GED or comparable education.
- Valid driver’s license
Desired Work Traits:
- Must be in good physical condition in order to lift, move and carry heavy packages, furniture, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various campus constituencies.
- Familiar with general computer operating systems, i.e. Email functions
- Must be willing to train on internal software systems
- Please note this position is a part time per Diem (as needed position) to assist with absent coverage and during busy times.
- Ability to work overtime when necessary
- Working in an outdoors environment
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
To apply, please direct letters of interest and resumes to:
One Campus Road
Staten Island, NY 10301
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Per Diem Shipping and Receiving Clerk"
No phone calls please. The review of applications will begin immediately.