POSITION: Wagner Shuttle Van Driver
DEPARTMENT: Office of Public Safety
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Per Diem
REPORTS TO: Manager of Ferry Shuttle Services
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
JOB PURPOSE: The Shuttle/Van Driver is responsible for the safe and efficient transport of customers in passenger shuttles or vans. Shuttle/Van Drivers must provide a superior customer service experience for each passenger. In This visible role, it is important that the Shuttle Driver maintains a positive attitude and professional appearance at all times.
- Welcomes each customer with a smile. Facilitates their access to and use of the vehicle by assisting passengers in boarding and exiting the van.
- Treats all passengers in a courteous, friendly and professional manner.
- Operates passenger vans/shuttles safely and efficiently, obeying traffic laws.
- Follows schedule routes and schedules or responds to requests from supervisor for unscheduled pick-ups or drop-offs.
- Reports accidents, safety situations, vehicle condition, or damage to the Supervisor.
- Inspects exterior and interior of vehicle at beginning of each shift for properly operating, headlights, turn signals, brake lights, interior lighting, air conditioning or heating, mirror adjustment, properly inflated tiers, windshield wipers, etc. prior to driving the shuttle/van.
- Ensure that both inside and outside of the vehicle are properly cleaned.
- Responsible for keeping van or shuttle fueled.
Nothing in this job description restricts Management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong communications skills (both written and oral); ability to communicate clearly and effectively in a courteous manner.
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Possess a good/clean driving record/history.
- Ability to solve problems and make sound decisions.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Able to sit for a prolonged period of time.
- Able to work weekend and evening shifts.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
To apply, send letter and resume to Karen Quigley, Transportation Supervisor at:
email@example.com with the subject line "Shuttle/Van Driver"
One Campus Road
Staten Island, NY 10301
No phone calls please. The review of applications will begin immediately for an immediate start date.
Wagner College is an Equal Opportunity Employer