JOB PURPOSE: To work in conjunction with the Finance and Business Office by performing various financial and accounting functions to meet filing deadlines, reporting requirements and department goals.
- Prepare and process recurring journal entries, as well as monthly accounting adjustments to the general ledger.
- Assist with grants filing and maintaining general ledger balances
- Responsible for correctly booking departmental Bookstore charges by making the necessary journal entries
- Gather information, prepare, and submit payment online for New York State quarterly sales tax and make necessary journal entries
- Prepare all monthly and annual accruals and reversals.
- Analyze and oversee restricted accounts for proper usage.
- Responsible for all accounting for EYH campus trips (international travel).
- Responsible for ordering, managing and reconciling college convenient cards.
- Interact with all campus departments with regard to department inquiries, financial transfers, and accounting matters
- Work closely with accounts payable manager, to establish segregation of duties and serve as an efficient back up for all related areas.
- Accounting analysis as requested to assist in overall operations of the College
- Work as part of a team in the overall daily functions of the Finance and Business Office to assist in meeting all goals and deadlines of the institution.
- Serve on improvement committees to best serve the College’s needs.
- Assist with work assignments and special projects within the department as requested.
- Interact daily, in-person, via telephone and through e-mail with administration, students, and outside agencies providing assistance and information regarding financial and general inquiry.
- Set and document yearly goals and assessment of achievements for management review.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, required
- Masters degree, a plus
Desired Work Traits:
- Experience in Higher Education, (a plus)
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to complete projects timely and accurately
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications,
- Experience in Jenzabar CX software, (a plus)
- Must exhibit competence with verbal and written communication skills and an ability to maintain effective relationships with various campus departments, students, parents and outside organizations.
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
To apply please send all resumes to :