Position: Desktop Support Technician - Entry Level
Department: Office of Information Technology - Help Desk
Employment Status: Full Time
Organizational Relationship: Reports to the Director of Client Services
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB PURPOSE: To assist and support the Wagner community with campus technology resources and facilitate instructional settings in support of pedagogy. Troubleshoot and resolve problems involving all computing resources such as hardware (Macs & PCs, multi-function printers, telephony and networking equipment) and software applications (MS Office, Adobe Suite, etc). Deploy computers by implementing hardware-appropriate, standardized images. Dispatch and manage helpdesk tickets.
- Manage the deployment of computing resources throughout the campus
- Troubleshoot and maintain functionality and working condition of all computing resources including computers, printers, media, telephony & networking equipment
- Assist in the planning and design/redesign of classrooms and facilities to accommodate teaching and learning
- Create policies and procedures to streamline work flow
- Document standard operating procedures and provide/deliver training materials.
- Manage and maintain department records/database/inventory
- Maintain cross connectivity of all equipment with, but not limited to, IT resources such as laptops, SMART Boards, interactive projectors, video conferencing tools, document scanners, etc.
- Customer service/front desk/office management
- Evaluate and test new instructional tools
- Provide connectivity for “livestreaming”
- Produce reports on equipment usage, and life cycle
- Be the college’s point-person and technology expert during college events such as Commencement, Guest Speakers, Board of Trustee Meetings, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Client Services.
- Project management
- Supervise part-time and student workers
Nothing in this job description restricts Management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
To apply, please direct letters of interest and resumes to:
Frank Cafasso, Chief Information Officer
One Campus Road
Staten Island, NY 10301
email@example.com with the subject line "Desktop Support Technician"
No phone calls please. The review of applications will begin immediately.