Job Title: Public Services Assistant
Employee Status: Part-time (17.5 hours per week)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Organizational Relationship: Reports to Veronica Knight, Library Administrative Assistant
Job Purpose: Wagner College seeks a motivated, flexible, and reliable person to fill the position of Public Services Assistant in the Horrmann Library. This is a part-time position requiring primarily weekend and evening hours. Alternate hours may be required during holidays, final exam periods, and semester breaks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide assistance to library users at the library’s circulation desk, including circulation of materials, registering library patrons, assigning group study rooms, and answering phones.
- Assist with processing of reserve items.
- Oversee graduate student assistants and undergraduate work study students.
- Perform clerical tasks as assigned. Tasks may include assisting in the areas of cataloging, interlibrary loan, periodicals, or other assigned tasks as dictated by the needs of the library.
- Participate in other library-wide projects as directed (inventory, shelving, shelf-reading, shifting of materials, scanning documents, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
Nothing in this job description restricts Management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years of clerical/office work experience desirable
- Good basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Collegial team player who enjoys helping college students and faculty
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
To apply, please direct letters of interest and resumes to:
Applications for this position can be submitted to Veronica Knight, Library Administrative Assistant, email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately.
No phone calls please. The review of applications will begin immediately.