TITLE: Transportation Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: Public Safety
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full time
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIP: Director of Public Safety
- Provide safe transportation for the Wagner Community on a daily basis while reducing operational cost.
- Successfully manage a team of drivers and interacting and collaborating with campus leaders to provide safe and efficient service.
- Plan, coordinate and oversee the routing, scheduling and daily operations of the transportation department at the campus level; assure compliance with time schedules and applicable laws, codes, rules and regulations; use geographic mapping and routing computer programs to plan the most efficient and effective van routes.
- Train, supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff; perform related duties as assigned.
- Oversee and dispatch driving assignments to 42-part- time drivers.
- Organize and maintain the weekly shuttle schedule
- Record weekly time cards and do payroll.
- Maintain records of driver’s sick time, absences, etc.
- Arrange service for authorized trips.
- Arrange service for the Port Richmond Initiative and other College sponsored, or authorized events.
- Ability to use Microsoft office programs.
- Customer service approach and good interpersonal skills.
- Maintain the van fleet in safe operating condition, and assist with maintenance of the vehicle fleet.
- Utilize “Silent-passenger” technology to create/update routes at the campus, and ensure that drivers are driving in a safe manner, and not idling the vehicles.
Nothing in this job description restricts Management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Ability to use Microsoft office programs and spread sheets.
- Customer service approach and good interpersonal skills
- Maintain the van fleet is safe and clean operating condition, and ensure that maintenance of the vehicles in done in a timely manner.
- Be able to utilize and monitor the “silent-passenger” technology to ensure that the drivers are operating in a safe and efficient manner.
- Experience with time keeping and preparing payrolls.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Experience in both supervision and training staff
To apply, please direct letters of interest and resumes to:
Edwin Moss, Director of Public Safety
One Campus Road
Staten Island, NY 10301
email@example.com with the subject line "Transportation Supervisor"
No phone calls please. The review of applications will begin immediately.