Diversity and Internationalization Action Council
The Diversity and Internationalization Action Council (DIAC) is comprised of committed faculty, staff, administrators, and students who are committed to working with the larger Wagner College and NYC communities to foster awareness, inclusiveness, prepare students for life and careers within the rapidly changing global community and celebration of diversity.
Wagner College defines diversity in the broadest of terms to include race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, ability, social class, age, geographic location, language or any underrepresented group on our campus.
We are YOUR voice! Help shape positive change in the Wagner College campus!
Questions / concerns / suggestions? E-mail us at email@example.com
If you are interested in joining the Diversity and Internationalization Action Council please email: Ellen.Navarro@wagner.edu
The charge of the Diversity and Internationalization Action Council is as follows:
Advise and report to the Provost on issues related to diversity and internationalization; more specifically to:
- Identify ways to strengthen relationships with diverse communities outside Wagner College;
- Suggest activities throughout the campus, curricular and co-curricular, that further address issues of diversity and internationalization;
- Recognize and honor exemplary actions of individuals that contribute to a supportive campus climate;
- Suggest additional approaches to recruitment and retention of faculty, staff, and students from underrepresented populations;
- Bring to the appropriate faculty standing committees suggested changes that fall within the faculty and/or the Faculty Handbook domain.
Investigate the following questions:
- How can Wagner College take steps to increase diversity, internationalization and retention among faculty, staff and students?
- How can Wagner College foster a campus climate that welcomes and supports individuals from underrepresented groups?
- How can Wagner College further integrate diversity and global content and issues across the curricula?
- How can Wagner College Take steps to increase the breadth and depth of Wagner connections with underrepresented groups throughout New York City?
- Dr. Amanda Arcieri – Adjunct Professor, Psychology Department
- Dina Assante – Associate Dean of CACE
- Nicolina Astorina – Director of Alumni Relations
- Hunter Baum – Student Government Association
- Desiree Braithwaite – Assistant Director of Central Services
- Holly Bonner – Adjunct Professor, Sociology
- Jazzmine Clarke-Glover – VP for Workplace Culture and Inclusion
- Dr. Ange Concepion – Assistant Dean of Campus Life
- Jose Luis Diaz Jr. – Director of Bands/Associate Faculty, Music; Marching Band Director, Athletics
- JoAnne Esposito – Executive Director of Student Financial Services
- Dr. Celeste Gagnon – Professor of Anthropology, Department Chair of Culture and Economy
- Dr. Joshua Mullenite – Assistant Professor, Department of Culture and Economy
- Claire Quigley – Student Government Association
- Ellen Navarro – Director of CICA
- Leticia Romero – Office Manager, Dean of Campus Life Office
- Jennifer Sansevero, J.D. – Associate Athletic Director for Compliance, Equity and Inclusion
- Donato Scaramella – Assistant Director of Admissions
- Dr. Ruta Shah-Gordon – VP for Internationalization, Intercultural Affairs and Campus Life
- Dr. Vannessa Smith-Washington – Assistant Professor, Education Department
- Sidiq Soulemana – Assistant Director of CICA
- Thomas Tresslor-Gelok – Director of Residential Education