Employment with an International Organization

F-1 are eligible to work for an international organization according to the definition of “International Organization Immunities Act [59 Stat. 669].” For more information about whether the organization you want to work with qualify, please reach out to the Center for Intercultural Advancement.

  • The organization you want to intern in qualify for “Recognized International Organization” Definition.
  • Be in a good standing as a student
  • Do it while being a student (you are not eligible after you graduate)
  • You may work up to 20 during the academic semesters and full-time in summer.
  • Submit a letter of employment to Ms. Ellen Navarro, including (1) Description of Employment, (2) start and end date, (3) Number of working hours, (4) Place of Employment
  • Receive a new I-20 that has the recommendation for Employment
  • Fill out the I-765 form. You will need the following documents:
    – Copy of your I-20
    – Two recent passport photos
    – Pay the $410 fee.

For more information, please visit this page.