Admitted International Students

Congratulation on being admitted to Wagner College! We hope your time at Wagner College will be academically and personally fulfilling.

As an international student, you need to be in an immigration status that allows you to study and enroll at Wagner College legally. The college is able to sponsor full-time students in F-1 or J-1 status (when eligible). Below you will find information about applying for F/J sponsorship from Wagner College and what to expect as you move through the process.

To obtain a visa and enter the U.S. in the international student status, you require a certificate of eligibility: Form I-20 (F-1) or DS-2019 (J-1.)

After you have been accepted your admission offer, our office will send you a letter about required documentation, timelines, and instruction for applying for your I-20/DS-2019. Once you provide all the documents listed below to our office, it will take 10-14 business days for our office to review your application and create your I-20 or DS-2019. If anything is missing or additional documentation is needed, you will receive an email with instructions from our office. The Center for Intercultural Advancement will send you a confirmation email once your I-20 or DS-2019 has been created and mailed to you.

F-1 or J-1 Sponsorship from Wagner College

If you are already in F-1/J-1 Student status sponsored by another school and plan to transfer your SEVIS record to Wagner College, please review the information below for instructions.

  1. Complete the Transfer Student Verification Form – International Students      
  2. Complete the Certificate of Finance Form (Include photocopy of the biographical page of your passport)

Note: If you are currently in F-1 at a different institution (including English language study during the summer), you might be able to transfer your SEVIS record to Wagner College.

To apply for an F-1/J-1 visa, you will first need a document showing that you are eligible. For F-1 students, the visa eligibility document is called I-20. For J-1 students J-1 students, the visa eligibility document is called a DS-2019. There are several steps involved in applying for F-1/J-1 status:

  1. Complete the Information I-20 form (Include the biographical page of passport)
  2. Complete the Certificate of Finance Form

Applying for F-1/J-1 visa stamp

Once you have your I-20 or DS-2019, you may apply for the related F-1 or J-1 visa by following these steps:

  1. Pay the SEVIS fee and print your SEVIS receipt
  2. Make your visa appointment and go to consulate/embassy to get an F-1 or J-1 visa.