The mission of the Library Instruction and Information Literacy program is to ensure, in partnership with classroom faculty, that Wagner College students graduate as information literate members of our information society.
Request Library Instruction
NEW Information Literacy and Plagiarism Quizzes and Tutorials !
The library now offers the following tools that can be embedded into your Moodle course content. Contact Cathy Perkins for more information.
- Information Literacy Pre- and Post-Tests for FYP RFT courses - evaluate your students Information Literacy skills before and after they visit the library for a research workshop. 10 question pre-test and 10 question post-test.
- "You Quote It, You Note It" plagiarism prevention flash tutorial and companion test - A brief flash-based interactive tutorial that introduces your students to effective and ethical use of information found on the Web and in the library. 15 question test to follow tutorial.
We also offer additional online tutorials and a follow-up assignment that your students may view and submit to you for a grade. This assignment will ensure that your students have received an introduction to research in the Horrmann Library.
An information literate individual is able to:
- Determine the extent of information needed
- Access the needed information effectively and efficiently
- Evaluate information and its sources critically Incorporate selected information into one’s knowledge base
- Use information effectively to accomplish a specific purpose
- Understand the economic, legal, and social issues surrounding the use of information, and access and use information ethically and legally