Securing data is a key role in organizations of every size and type creating a multitude of opportunities for professionals who can keep online data safe and private. The CompTIA Security+ certification is considered a global standard for validating cybersecurity skills. This online course will help you master the basics of system security, network infrastructure, access control, and organizational security and prepare you to take the CompTIA Security+ certification exam.
Job Outlook for Computer Security Professionals
Cybersecurity professionals are in high demand. Cyber Defense Magazine predicts a need for 1.8 million new cybersecurity professionals by 2022. The US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) projects 32% job growth for information security analysts between now and 2028. BLS also lists this career among the fastest-growing job categories due to an increase in the frequency of hacking and attacks on computer and network infrastructure. Growth is expected across every industry, especially those that involve private information such as banks and financial services, healthcare and emerging fields such as vehicle and physical infrastructure systems. Cybersecurity professionals are well-paid. According to PayScale.com, cybersecurity analysts with CompTIA Security+ preparation command salaries above $61,000 per year.
- Perform network design security, risk calculations, penetration testing, and risk management
- Implement device security, wireless security, static environment security, secure authentication methods, and authorization models
- Manage attack types, mitigating malware, discovery tools, and security administrative principles
- Develop the necessary skills for a career as an IA technician, security consultant, information security analyst, or forensic analyst
- Create an initial understanding of or build upon your existing IT knowledge by exploring computer and network security concepts
- Prepare to successfully pass the CompTIA Security+ Exam
Lesson I: Security Attacks and Cryptography
- Learn about the different types of malware, social engineering attacks and basic cryptography.
- Learn advanced cryptography and PKI, application and networking-based attacks, network security devices, design, and technology.
- Learn how to secure networks.
- Learn how to secure devices through authentication and access management.
- Learn how to assess your business’s vulnerability and implement software to minimize risk.
This online class will begin within 24-hours of student enrollment. Students will have 6-months to access their course and will complete approximately 80 hours of course work during this time.
- David Grimes
Careers in Computer Security FAQs