Welcome back! We are excited to be able to welcome Lifelong Learning students on campus again.
The following protocols are updated as of September 16, 2021 based on policy set by Wagner College under the guidelines issued by the CDC, NYS and NYC. As we receive updates we will amend the information below.
For Adult Continuing Education Classes
- All adult students ages 18 and over attending a class on campus must provide proof of COVID vaccination and valid ID.
- All students must also complete the health pre-screening prior to arriving for each class.
For Children & Teen Classes
- Students ages 17 and under attending classes on campus do not need to be vaccinated; however:
- if they are under 12, or are 12 and over and are not vaccinated, they will need to provide a negative PCR COVID test administered between 24 and 72 hours prior to attending the first class as well as another negative test administered by November 5, 2021.
- if they are vaccinated Wagner College must receive proof of vaccination and photo identification.
- Parents must also complete the health pre-screening for the child prior to arriving for each class.
- Only students, faculty and staff are permitted to enter buildings. Parents may drop off and pick up children at the main entrance to the building in which your child’s class is located. Further instructions will be provided prior to the first class.
- Neither students nor instructors should come to campus if tested positive in the last 10 days, have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive in the last 10 days, or who is currently symptomatic. The following is a list of possible COVID symptoms:
- Fever or chills
- New cough
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Upon enrollment in a Lifelong Learning class, you will receive information on how to submit a valid ID and vaccination or test results via email. Once verified by Wagner College, you will receive an email to download a Wagner Pass, required for entering any campus building.
- All individuals on campus must wear a mask while indoors, regardless of vaccination status, unless actively eating. Masks are not required outdoors as long as physical distancing is possible.
- Students should not share items including snacks.
- Physical distancing will be encouraged.
- All classrooms are equipped with hand sanitizer and disinfectant cleaner. Everyone is encouraged and reminded to wash and sanitize their hands frequently, especially when using the restrooms and touching equipment in the classroom.
- If COVID-like symptoms are observed in a student or instructor, they will be sent home and require a negative PCR test prior to returning to class.
- All positive COVID cases by a student, member of their immediate household, or another “close contact” must be reported to Wagner College Lifelong Learning and mandatory quarantine must take place. Any student, staff, or instructor deemed in close contact with an individual who has reported a positive COVID case will also be expected to quarantine immediately.