The following protocols are updated as of April 26, 2022 based on policy set by Wagner College under the guidelines issued by the CDC, NYS and NYC. Changes to policy are marked in red below. As we receive updates we will amend the information below.
For Adult Continuing Education Classes
- All adult students ages 18 and over attending a class on campus must provide proof of COVID vaccination, valid ID and a negative PCR or NAAT test administered prior to first class. In addition, students eligible for their booster must receive and show proof of receiving a booster shot.
- All students must also complete the health pre-screening prior to arriving for each class.
For Summer 2022 Camps & Children’s Programs meeting on campus
- Students ages 17 and under attending a summer program on campus must show proof of vaccination OR a negative PCR or NAAT test for each week they are in attendance at camps.
- Parents must also complete the health pre-screening for the child prior to arriving for each class.
For One-Time Visits
- Wagner College does require proof of vaccination OR a negative PCR/NAAT test prior to visiting campus. This applies to one-time visitors only attending an event, planetarium show, or meeting on campus. For students attending a recurring class on campus please refer to the protocols above.
After 5/21 – 8/20 (unless otherwise noted):
- Starting 5/21/22 visitors for a one-time event will no longer be required to show proof of vaccination or provide a negative test, however, any guests visiting a campus dining location or residence hall will still be required to provide documentation.
- Neither students nor instructors should come to campus if tested positive in the last 10 days, have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive in the last 10 days, or who is currently symptomatic. The following is a list of possible COVID symptoms:
- Fever or chills
- New cough
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Upon enrollment in a Lifelong Learning class, you will receive information on how to submit a valid ID and vaccination or test results via email. Once verified by Wagner College, you will receive an email to download a Wagner Pass, required for entering any campus building.
- Masks are optional in all indoor and outdoor campus locations.
- Students should not share items including snacks.
- Physical distancing will be encouraged.
- All classrooms are equipped with hand sanitizer and disinfectant cleaner. Everyone is encouraged and reminded to wash and sanitize their hands frequently, especially when using the restrooms and touching equipment in the classroom.
- If COVID-like symptoms are observed in a student or instructor, they will be sent home and require a negative PCR test prior to returning to class.
- All positive COVID cases by a student, member of their immediate household, or another “close contact” must be reported to Wagner College Lifelong Learning and mandatory quarantine must take place. Any student, staff, or instructor deemed in close contact with an individual who has reported a positive COVID case will also be expected to quarantine immediately.