Wagner College Events & Scheduling
COVID Related Scheduling Policies
The policy outlined below has been created in light of the COVID-19 pandemic and the efforts the College is taking to mitigate a spread of the virus on campus. It is evolving and will be adjusted as needed.
Note: All student organization events are governed by the policies set by Student Engagement and Activities. All questions and requests should be directed to their office at email@example.com or by visiting https://wagner.presence.io/.
Fall 2021 Meeting & Event Scheduling
Wagner College must abide by the Key to NYC guidelines for indoor dining locations, entertainment venues, and athletic/fitness facilities. This includes the following campus locations:
- Main Hall: Theatre
- Spiro Sports Center
- Aerobics Studio
- Fitness Center
- Weight Room
- Stage One Theatre
- Wagner Union
- Faculty Dining Room
- Main Dining Hall
When an event/activity is being held in one of the above spaces all guests ages 12 and older must provide proof of vaccination and valid ID.
For all indoor campus events:
- All guests must be entered in the campus visitor management system, Envoy. Visitor will receive an email confirming visit and directions on providing documentation in to OnTask. For access, training or information on Envoy, contact the IT Help Desk.
- Visitors must upload valid negative COVID test, proof of vaccination and photo ID. Documents will be approved/rejected by Human Resources. If approved guest will receive an email to download/print their Wagner Pass.
- All rooms have been returned to their previous capacities. When possible it is recommended that you request a space slightly larger than your expected capacity to allow for physical distancing.
In addition to the rules listed above, all campus events and meetings must:
- Ensure that all students, faculty, staff and approved visitors in attendance are wearing appropriate face coverings and practicing social distancing.
- Assist in cleaning by using the products provided in the space to wipe down any surfaces used. Please help us in reporting if these products have been depleted by contacting Campus Operations.
- The event organizer must record attendance for each meeting and be able to produce attendance records upon request for the purposes of contact tracing.
As the semester progresses, the policies above may be revisited to increase capacities, re-open certain locations, and begin permitting public attendance at events as local circumstances improve.
If you are planning on holding a virtual-only event during this time and would still like it to be published to the https://wagner.edu/newsroom/events/ and Daily Bulletin, you can submit a request via AdAstra and deselect the “Requires Room” box in the Event Meetings section of the AdAstra event request form. Be sure to include directions on how to register for the virtual session in the Event Details section whether that be through Zoom Event Registration or via email to the Event Organizer.
We will rely on the campus community to assist in enforcing the guidelines outlined above. To report a potential violation, please use this form: Confidential Community Health Policy Violation Report.
Viewing room availability prior to requesting event:
To use the scheduling grid to determine if a location is available prior to request review the steps outlined here.
Requesting an Event
Follow the steps listed below or view the YouTube Tutorial for directions on requesting an event.
To access the scheduling system visit: https://schedule.wagner.edu
Login in using your same All Access Pass used to login to your Wagner email.
Make sure you are at the Astra Home section and click on Request an Event. A page will load that looks like this:
Select the type of form you are filling out:
Admin/Staff/Faculty – Any Wagner event not being held or sponsored by a student organization will be filtered through Lifelong Learning.
Registered Student Organizations – All student organization events will be filtered through Student Engagement and Activities.
If you wish to have your event published on the Wagner Calendar of Events site please pay special attention to the area highlighted in red in the image above.
Select the time of your event. If this is a single date use the first tab, if is a recurring date use the second tab, and if it spanning a 24-hour plus period of time use the third tab. Hit create. See image below Step 5.
Select the meeting date you wish to assign a room for. Hit assign rooms.
1. Events being requested with less than 48 hours notice will not be permitted by the system.
2. Event requests during a future semester can not be fulfilled until the credit schedule has been uploaded.
The screen for step 4 & 5 should appear as it does below:
A list will pop up with your schedule at the top and the list of rooms available or unavailable (marked in red). To sort rooms alphabetically click on the word room at the top of the column.
Scroll through the list of rooms until you find your preferred room. Keep in mind there may be multiple pages, so be sure to click next page to scroll through entire room inventory.
Select the room(s) you wish to book and click ok.
If you have entered multiple dates a window will pop up with any conflicts. You can choose to book in your preferred space for all dates that there are no conflicts, or find another room.
The room list will appear as follows on your screen:
Hit submit at the top left hand corner of the form.