City & State N.Y., a magazine dedicated to New York’s local and state politics and policy, has come out with its annual Staten Island Power 100 list of political royalty and VIPs.
Appearing prominently on this year’s list, of course, is Wagner College President Angelo Araimo (#39).
“Araimo first joined Wagner College in 1994 as director of admissions,” City & State says, “and has since been a lynchpin in the growth and development of the school. Wagner credits him for helping the institution weather historic storms.
“He kept the college’s admissions and revenue afloat during the 2008 recession, and as senior vice president, he helped the school adapt to the pandemic and safely return the student body to campus.”
Araimo has plenty of Seahawk company on this year’s S.I. Power 100 list:
1. Congresswoman Nicole Malliotakis MBA’10
10. Staten Island Advance Editor Brian Laline MS’72
31. Terry Troia H’05, president and CEO of Project Hospitality, a humanitarian organization
41. Ed Burke B’80, senior adviser to Staten Island’s borough president
47. Ken Mitchell B’87, executive director of the Staten Island Zoo
61. Robert Scamardella, president of the Wagner College DaVinci Society.
Congratulations to all of them!