Whenever snow is forecast, college administrators and Public Safety staff keep an eye on conditions as they develop — on campus, neighborhood roads leading to campus, public transportation and regional highways.
If travel conditions make it necessary to delay or cancel classes, our goal is to do so as early as possible so that commuters can avoid hazardous travel conditions.
Here’s how we will announce any snow closing/delay or other emergency information:
- Initially, with one text message using our Rave alert system, telling you that we are under snow alert and sending you to our website for further information and regular updates. Visit our website for information on our emergency text messaging system.
- On your college email — if at all possible, check your email before leaving your house
- On our website — just check wagner.edu for the info link
- On our Facebook page — facebook.com/wagnercollege
- On our Twitter account — @wagnercollege
- On these local radio & TV stations:
WINS 1010 AM
WCBS 880 AM
FOR RELIABLE, UP-TO-DATE WEATHER INFORMATION, visit these links:
For current weather forecasts from the National Weather Service for the Wagner College campus
For detailed hourly forecasts, including temperature, wind speed, when to expect snow, and how much
For detailed probabilities for snow, ice, and emergency alerts for the NYC area from the National Weather Service
See this great article for tips on staying safe in a cold climate.
For information on how Wagner College handles snow and ice on campus, visit our Campus Services website.
Want to know what conditions are like on campus at this very moment? Check out our webcam, below, which looks out from the Union roof across Trautmann Square toward the library and Main Hall: