March 20, 2020
Dear Students, Faculty, Staff, and Parents,
As you know, things are changing rapidly and in unprecedented ways throughout the nation due to the coronavirus pandemic. Here at the College we have planned proactively and taken many steps over several weeks to secure the well-being of our community and support efforts to stem the spread of the virus. Among other things, we promoted CDC-best practices for hygiene, developed and implemented strict protocols for serving food, accelerated our spring break, moved our classes online, moved our students out of our residence halls and practiced strong social distancing, and communicated to our community as soon as we learned that some of our members had tested positive.
Today, Governor Cuomo signed an executive order that goes into effect on Sunday, March 22nd that requires every business to reduce its workforce to critical personnel only. We now need to take another important step.
Therefore, we are moving to critical personnel only on campus and restricting access to the physical campus until further notice.
- All campus buildings will have restricted access by 5 p.m. on Sunday, March 22 at 5pm, and this will be in effect until further notice.
- All campus housing will be restricted by 5 p.m. on Sunday, March 22, and will remain restricted until further notice.
Access to campus has been restricted--You MUST have permission:
- All Faculty involved in the transition planning to remote instruction on March 23, will be able to access campus buildings through March 22 to access equipment we have secured for them or to retrieve materials and equipment they may need in order to work by filling out this Campus Access Request Form (beginning March 20, 2020). Please note if you have already submitted this form, you do not need to re-submit.
- All Staff needing to access essential items from their office should make a request by filling out this Campus Access Request Form (beginning March 20, 2020). Please note if you have already submitted this form, you do not need to re-submit.
- Only faculty and staff who are approved will have access to the campus. If you have already filled this out, please just be patient and we will get back to you shortly.
- All students remaining in campus housing should make travel plans to their permanent homes or make other housing arrangements. If you have not already made plans for move out their items by Sunday, March 22nd, please do so. If you cannot move out by this date, you will not be penalized, however you will not be able to access your space until further notice. Residential Students who have items remaining in the residence halls will hear from the Office of Residential Education shortly with specifics. For inquiries, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All commuter students should remain off campus, if you have any essentials that you need to access, you must do so by Sunday, March 22nd at 5pm. Please email email@example.com for permission.
Please note: locks will be changed and card access removed. Only those with permission will be allowed onto campus. Those who have permission must enter through the front gate. Public Safety will have a pre-approved list of faculty and staff and students will need to provide written proof to our Public Safety staff. This is precautionary so that we know who is on campus at any given time.
Thank you for your flexibility, patience, and support as we navigate this unprecedented and rapidly changing landscape. Please continue to check our website at Wagner College Covid-19 Updates for new information.
Joel W. Martin