Janice, who joined the faculty in 1990, was an active member in the department and at Wagner College. Some of her accomplishments include:
- She participated in the first cohort of faculty members in the First-Year Program and participated in all levels of the Wagner Plan — First-Year, Intermediate and Senior.
- She served for a time as the college registrar;
- She was one of the primary faculty members responsible for the creation of the M.S. in Accounting degree program.
- She created many internship opportunities for students with not-for-profit organizations.
- She served as director of Undergraduate Business Programs for many years and helped redesign the curriculum.
- She served on the Priorities and Budget Committee and the Faculty Personnel Committee until she took leave in the Fall 2013 semester.
“It is a very sad day for the Wagner College community,” said Wagner College Interim CFO and adjunct accounting professor John Carrescia. “Janice was my faculty adviser many years ago, and has had such an impact on my teaching career. She touched countless students and will be deeply missed by so many of us. My prayers go out to her family.”
“Janice was a highly dedicated and brilliant teacher,” said Business Administration Department colleague Mary LoRe. “Janice embodied our ‘learning by doing’ ethos and was always willing to experiment with different pedagogies to better reach her students. Her integrity and devotion to her students’ success earned her their respect and love.
“As a colleague, Janice was a superb collaborator in research, a true and dear friend, someone I could always count on. I will sorely miss her and her zest and passion for living.”
Arrangements are being handled by the Scalia Funeral Home, 28 Eltingville Blvd., Staten Island. Visitation is scheduled on Monday, Sept. 22 from 7 to 9 p.m. and Tuesday, Sept. 23 from 2 to 5 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. A funeral Mass is scheduled for Wednesday, Sept. 24 at 9:45 a.m. at the Church of St. Clare, 110 Nelson Ave., Staten Island, to be followed by interment at Resurrection Cemetery.