On Thursday, Feb. 9, all day, all Wagner College classes are cancelled due to snow. In addition:
- Administrative offices are closed, including:
- Center for Health & Wellness
- I.T. Help Desk
- Essential personnel, however, are expected to report for duty, per their supervisors.
Public Safety staff is on duty around the clock, as always.
- If you need to reach our Public Safety staff, call 718-390-3148.
- In case of an emergency, call 911.
Campus Operations staff, assisted by contractors, has cleared snow and ice from campus roads, paths and parking areas -- perhaps not 100%, but to a manageable level. With temperatures dropping tonight, ice will become a problem. Campus Ops will apply salt as widely as possible -- but, even so, please be watchful for ice. A crew is scheduled to come in early tomorrow morning to get the campus ready for the resumption of classes. For more information, visit the Campus Ops website.
The ferry shuttle is preparing to resume very limited service.
- One van will depart campus at 4:10, pick up passengers at the ferry terminal at 4:40, and make another campus departure at 5:10.
- Another van will be added to the service with the 5:40 campus departure. From that time through the remainder of the evening, we will have one van covering each run.
The Horrmann Library will be open, but with a limited staff. It will close this evening at 9 p.m.
In the Spiro Sports Center:
- The Fitness Center will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Building Managers will report as scheduled.
- Open Swim is cancelled.
In Dining Services:
- The Main Dining Hall will provide regular dinner service from 4:30 to 8 p.m.
- The Hawks Nest closed at 3 p.m.
- The WAG and Foundation Hall are closed today.
Want to know what conditions are like on campus at this very moment? Check out our webcam, below, which looks out from the Union roof across Trautmann Square toward the library and Main Hall: