President Richard Guarasci accepted the honor on behalf of the college.
The recognition was announced at the annual Staten Island Economic Development Corporation Business Conference. The “Top 31 Awards” recognized “people and institutions that have significantly impacted Staten Island’s economy, creating new jobs and improving the borough's quality of life,” according to the SIEDC.
Cesar Claro, SIEDC president and CEO, called Wagner “an impressive institution that grows bigger and bigger every year. Wagner continues to be a major community leader by partnering with groups throughout the borough and opening its doors for many groups to utilize the campus.”
Among the features drawing SIEDC recognition for Wagner College:
- Prominent employer on Staten Island and extensive procurement to many Staten Island businesses
- Nationally renowned campus which has been featured in over a dozen films and TV shows
- Significant expansion and investment in the campus over the last 10 years
- Community partnerships throughout the borough
- Close-knit campus that allows students, faculty and staff to work together and develop lasting relationships