Wagner’s Psi Chi chapter is one of only 29 chapters — out of 1,150 chapters nationwide — to be designated a model chapter this year.
The Wagner College Psi Chi chapter was very active during the 2021-22 academic year. Included among its activities:
- In November, the chapter made Thanksgiving cards for residents of the Norwegian Christian Home & Health Center in Brooklyn.
- In October, the chapter held a bake sale in the Wagner Union and raised over $200 for the National Alliance on Mental Illness.
- Also in October, the chapter hosted a career discussion with Wagner psychology professor Jess England.
- In March, the chapter members gathered to make gifts for the residents of the Sunrise Nursing Home in Brooklyn.
- In February, the chapter had a very successful bake sale that raised over $200 to support Autistic Inclusive Meets. AIM was selected after extensive feedback from the Wagner student community.
- 10 new members were inducted.
The success of the chapter is a testament to the membership and, in particular, the chapter's officers: Veronica Gallo, Jaime Weingarten, Kelly Connelly and Clarissa Cimino.
Psi Chi was founded in 1929 at Yale. The Wagner College chapter was chartered in 1966.