- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college with a 3.2 GPA. B- or greater on all prerequisite courses is required as well as a score of Proficient or higher on the ATI TEAS exam. Resuming for Fall of 2023, all sciences that include labs MUST be taken live, online courses will no longer be accepted.
- Biology (4 Units)
- Human Anatomy & Physiology I with lab
- Human Anatomy & Physiology II with lab
- Nutrition (may be taken at Wagner or online elsewhere, however, it is advised that you check with the admissions department before taking an outside course to ensure that it will fulfill the requirement)
- Microbiology with lab
- and one of the following:
- Psychology – Introduction to Psychology or
- Sociology – Principles of Sociology or
- Anthropology – Introduction to Anthropology
- Admissions deposit and application.
B. Nursing Clinical and Theory Courses
Module I, Fall (4.5 Units)
- NR351 Dimensions of Health Promotion in the Community (2 Units)
- NR353 Dimensions of Health Assessment (1 Unit)
- NR355 Pharmacodynamics (1 Unit)
- NR356 Medical Dosage and Calculation (0.5 Unit)
Module II, Spring (4.5 Units) (Prerequisite courses: NR 351, 353, 355, 357)
- NR364 Nursing Care of the Childbearing Family (1.5 Units)
- NR366 Nursing Care of the Childrearing Family (1.5 Units)
- NR368 Nursing Care of the Family in Illness I (1.5 Units)
Module III, Summer (3 Units) (Prerequisite courses: all NR 300 level courses)
- NR400 Nursing Research (1 Unit)
- NR465 Psychodynamic Dimensions of Psychiatric Mental Health (1 Units)
- NR469 Nursing Care of the Family in Illness II (1 Unit)
Module IV, Fall (4 Units) (Prerequisite courses: All NR 300 level courses and NR 400, 465, 469)
- NR472 Community Health Nursing (1.5 Units)
- NR474 Nursing Leadership & Management (1 Unit)
- NR476 Dimensions of Mental Health Nursing in the Community (0.5 Unit)
- N490 Reflective Tutorial (1 Unit)
Graduation: December of the following year.
** A failure in any course may necessitate a change in the progression of the individual’s program.
*** Students are pinned at the end of Module IV and are eligible to sit for NCLEX.
For more information download Undergraduate Nursing Student Handbook 2023-24 Edition