Congratulations to those who earned the Doctor of Nursing Practice degree from Wagner College’s Evelyn L. Spiro School of Nursing at a commencement program on Dec. 13, 2017.
The program began with welcome greetings from Patricia Tooker, dean of the Spiro School of Nursing, Richard Guarasci, president of Wagner College, and Lily McNair, college provost and senior vice president for academic affairs. Remarks were then offered by Kathleen Ahern, Spiro School graduate director, and Nancy Cherofsky, coordinator of the DNP program.
Watch a complete video of the program:
The following graduates delivered capstone presentations to an audience of family, friends and faculty:
- Regina Borovik, DNP, FNP-BC, “Developing Disaster Preparedness Competencies Within a Large Healthcare System”
- Azza A. Ezzat, DNP, FNP-BC, “Empathic and Servitude Mindset for Culturally Specific Palliative Care”
- Deborah A. Gianfortune, DNP, FNP-BC, “The Children of the Opioid Epidemic”
- Doris Ann Korona, DNP, FNP-BC, “Active Shooter in Healthcare: The Utilization of an Active Shooter e-book for the Individual Health Care Provider”
- Meghan R. McShea, DNP, FNP-BC, “Liquid Medication Administration Using Technology to Improve Care in the Pediatric Patient”
- Boris Molchanskiy, DNP, FNP-BC, “Staff Education on Suspicious Package and Explosive Devices”
- Christine Stefanski, DNP, FNP-BC, “Utilizing Social Media Amongst Peers to Alleviate Compassion Fatigue in Oncology Nurses”
- Margaret M. Terjesen, DNP, FNP-BC, “The Older Adult at Risk of Sexually Transmitted Diseases”
- Jebin Mary Varghese, DNP, FNP-BC, “Use of an Avatar Guided e-book to Increase Knowledge of HPV and Preventive Vaccination among Adolescents”
- Shoshana Weiner, DNP, FNP-BC, “Alleviating Emergency Room Population Overload During Disaster”
The December 2017 graduating cohort of the Doctor of Nursing Practice program at Wagner College's Evelyn L. Spiro School of Nursing posed for a group photo before their capstone presentations on Dec. 13.
- Click on the photo.
- Select the "download" arrow, lower right corner, and pick "Original" for the highest resolution image.
- The photo will be downloaded to your phone, tablet or computer.