The Pre–Professional Health Committee at Wagner College is composed of several members of the faculty, mainly focused in the sciences. A student will take many of their required classes from these faculty members. The responsibilities of the committee members include:
- Assisting you in defining your career goals. The committee members will mentor you, and help you make appropriate choices while at Wagner College.
- Assist you with the application process. Members of the committee will be able to help you with course requirements, the application process, standardized tests, personal statements, research opportunities and internship opportunities.
- Arrange mock interviews. An often overlooked aspect of the application to professional programs is the interview process. Members of the committee can administer a mock interview and give guidance as to how you can improve your performance.
- Write the committee recommendation letter. From the information you provide the committee through formal channels and informal ones the committee will write the committee recommendation, which is an integral part of the application procedure.
It should be kept in mind that the committee is your advocate, which will provide information to the professional schools on your behalf and support you throughout the application process. It is our goal to see you succeed in your chosen profession.
The Pre–Professional Health Committee currently has a chair who will act as your pre–health advisor. You should spend time discussing goals and concerns with your pre–health advisor. It is recommended that you make an appointment with your pre–health advisor at least once a semester to keep them abreast of any changes in your situation.
The current committee members are:
- Dr. Racquel DeCicco (Physical Sciences)
- Dr. Christopher Marra (Biological Sciences)