- Amy Eshleman, Ph.D., Chair, Professor of Psychology
- Laurence J. Nolan, Ph.D., Vice-Chair, Professor of Psychology
- Jessica W. England, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Psychology
- Sarah Donovan, Ph.D., Professor of Philosophy
- Alicia Erlandson, student
- Lisa Lubarsky, community member
- Iman Feghhi, Ph.D., Alternate Member, Assistant Professor of Psychology
HERB is an institutional review board (IRB) created by the Psychology Department to review the use of human participants in research at Wagner College. Students and faculty are encouraged to submit their proposals for the use of human participants to the HERB chair for review. HERB welcomes submissions from all members of the Wagner community regardless of academic discipline. However, medical research should be forwarded to the IRB of the appropriate affiliated institution.
Wondering if you need to use HERB? Or another IRB? Download FAQ here.
HERB is registered with the federal Office of Human Research Protections (Wagner College IRB #1 - HERB). The files below will provide additional information about HERB and the application and review process.
Proposals may be submitted online through the form linked below.
(There is an option to submit an application on paper. Please email the HERB chair to obtain the file for a paper application.)
All communication should be with the chair of HERB only. Do not submit proposals to committee members.
HERB does not arrange for use of the Psychology Department Participant Pool (open to psychology students and faculty only) but HERB approval is required prior to arranging to use the pool.
Status Report for Approved HERB Projects (Apply for substantive changes to an approved HERB project, update the status of a project, or report the completion of a project.)