Welcome to Wagner!
On behalf of the Office of Residential Education and Wagner College, we would like to thank you for selecting Wagner as your new home away from home. Residential Education knows that moving can be stressful. However, we want you to feel as confident in the process as possible. Throughout this page, we have laid out a variety of information on move-in. Our effort is to make all students and their families and friends comfortable in this moving process.
We are excited to have you this August and look forward to meeting you!
Thomas Tressler-Gelok, Director
Jessie Adams, Administrative Assistant
& the Office of ResEd Team!
New Student Move-In Information
New student move-in day is Thursday, August 22, 2019.
New student move-in day is done on a floor by floor basis. Move-in occurs between 7:30am and 1:00pm based on floor. The move-in schedule is as follows:
|If your room is on the…||You arrival time should be between:|
New students can request to move in early. However, it is strong recommended that students do not move in early. Early move-ins are not guaranteed and can come with a $100.00 per day charge. You should submit your early arrival request here.
Please note- first year students are not permitted to have early move-ins.
Students will receive their roommate assignment by Monday, July 17, 2019. Assignments are done based on a roommate profile that each student fills out. Students are encouraged to speak to one another and arrange who is bringing what.
Finally, room assignments are finalized until room swap. Room swap occurs the 2nd week of the semester.
- Students should travel to campus, using the 631 Howard Avenue entrance.
- When arriving to campus, students will be directed to line up in one of the parking lots by Public Safety.
- Only one car will be eligible to get on line PER student. All other cars will be directed to a separate parking lot.
- At this point, you will be greeted by a staff member who will provide you with instructions.
- When your time has come, you will be directed down to your residence hall.
- The student will be ushered into the lobby of the residence hall to check-in with a Residential Education Staff member.
- While this is occurring, a group of student volunteers will take the belongings from the car and bring them to the student’s room.
- All items should be clearly marked and labeled!
- The student will then go to the room and have the items placed in their room by the move-in crew.
- The student and their families/friends should then proceed to move the car to the parking lot.
- The student can then get settled and begin their Wagner journey!
**If you are part of an athletic team with an early arrival, please look for further information from Wagner Athletics & Residential Education
After a student has checked in, if not with the Residential Education staff, IDs will be available for pick up at Public Safety. This ID will give student’s access to their residence hall and meal plan!
For move-in, the mailroom will be opened. However, the college recommends that students do not ship their items all to the college. Due to a high influx of academic packages, packages can take additional business days to process.
Returning Student Move-In Information
Returning student move-in is Sunday, August 25, 2019. Students can begin moving in at 8:00am that day.
Returning students can request an early move-in. Early move-ins are not guaranteed and can come with a $100.00 per day charge. To apply for an early move-in, please click here.
Dining services will be open during move-in.
The mailroom will be closed during move-in, Sunday August 25. Therefore, packages will be available for pick-up on Monday, August 29.
For additional questions on housing, housing amenities, and room assignments please view the FAQ.