Funding for Continuing Education

Unfortunately, there are not the same methods of financial aid for continuing education as there are for traditional degree-oriented programs.

Below are some resources for funding your continuing education or career training course:

Some employers and worker's unions have tuition reimbursement or funding for continuing education programs related to your current position. Contact your employer's Human Resources Department or Union Representative to inquire about any such opportunities. We can provide you with an invoice of amount due for training to submit for payment or reimbursement.

Many traditional school lenders also offer options for career training loans with shorter terms and minimum amounts than traditional school loans. The lender that we work with most frequently is Sallie Mae but there are many options available including:
*Loans through Climb Credit are only available through certain third-party online course providers.

Affirm* offers options for payment plans for courses through our partner Ed2go.

Students who have completed 12-months of volunteer service with AmeriCorps may be able to apply for a Segal AmeriCorps Educational Award. For more information on joining AmeriCorps visit their website.

Through the MyCAA program spouses of active duty military can apply for funding to pay for career training. For more information visit the Military One Source website.

Some local or national community organizations may offer scholarships for people looking to return to work or complete their education. You can search some similar opportunities by visiting