Certified Internal Auditor
As the only globally recognized certification for internal auditors, The Institute for Internal Auditors’ (IIA) Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation communicates your knowledge, skills and competencies to perform an internal audit anywhere in the world. This online course will prepare you to manage internal audits in alignment with IIA’s International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards).
Job Outlook for Internal Auditors
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), demand for Accountants and Auditors is expected to grow by 4% between now and 2029. This matches the growth rate expected for all jobs. The Bureau notes that while routine accounting and reporting tasks may become automated, those with specialized skills such as auditing and analysis can expect continued strong job demand. According to PayScale.com, Certified Internal Auditors earn $86,768 per year, on average. Salaries range from $47,000 for junior auditors to $173,000 for experienced auditors and audit managers.
- Master the foundations of an internal auditor
- Apply internal audit best practices to your daily work routine
- Reduce financial risk for employers
- Prepare yourself to work as an internal auditor or risk manager
- INTERNAL AUDIT BASICS Explore mandatory guidance including the definition of internal auditing, ethics, and international standards. Learn about internal control, risk, conducting internal audit engagements, and audit tools and techniques.
- INTERNAL AUDIT PRACTICE Understand how to manage the internal audit function and manage individual engagements. Master an understanding of fraud risks and controls.
- INTERNAL AUDIT KNOWLEDGE Study governance, business ethics, risk management, organizational structure, business processes, and communication. Explore management, leadership principles, IT, business continuity, financial management, and global business environments.
This online class will begin within 24-hours of student enrollment. Students will have 18-months to access their course and will complete approximately 300 hours of course work during this time.
Internal Auditor FAQs